Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I forgot I had this blog thingy

James was so sweet at the theater. We went to the movie, some romantic comedy I barely paid attention to, and we talked through the whole thing. We had the whole theater to ourselves and as it turns out, his shoulder is the ultimate pillow in a theater. We just sat and sorta kinda watched the movie, making funny comments about the whole thing. We'd skipped popcorn, figuring it wasn't worth the price, but oh man did I regret it when the movie was done. So what did we do? The same thing any self respecting twenty somethings would do! We went to Perkins.  Mammoth muffins at 3 AM are the best, by the way.

I'm still not sure if anyone's reading this (I'm guessing not, but I don't feel like trying to figure out the statistics) and really I don't care if they are or not. I like writing all this down. Oh, if you are reading this, I'm sorry, thanks for listening to me ramble. And don't be afraid to comment! I don't bite. Much.

I should probably go now. I've got another half hour before I'm done with my presentation for work tomorrow. Oh, and I love my job. Not just because I work with awesome people, but because I feel like I'm doing some good and we make our own hours. As long as the work gets done and we show up for the occasional meeting, it's crazy informal. I'm usually only there a few hours a day because that's all the longer it takes. Then I route the calls to my cell when I'm not there (voicemail kicks in automatically at 6 so I don't have to deal with that crap). When I am there, it's not like I have to dress up or anything. I usually do, just not too fancy. But when I need to, I can show up in sweat pants and a t-shirt with no consequences. I know, dream job, right? But don't get me wrong, if I do need to show up every day for at least a little while and I need to be serious and get work done or I don't get my salary. But as long as there's no problems that arrise from the informality, my boss is a good friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment