Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A Place To Call My Own

I'm in Minneapolis now. I found a nice apartment on the forth floor. It's been said that being higher makes him stay away. Which is true of airplanes. But I want to test the theory with an apartment building. A bunch of new furniture is being delivered tomorrow. It's the last of my savings, which I guess I won't really need anymore. All I have right now is various home stuff, like kitchen supplies and the like, and my bed.

Internet, phone, and TV all got hooked up today too, which is nice. I don't have to mooch like I did this morning. For some reason everyone thought I needed plants. I've got a couple small pine trees and a ficus plus a couple ferns. I'm thinking of turning the second bedroom into a sort of green house. There's a couple huge windows in there that would be perfect.

But the best part of this building? They allow pets. That's right folks, MrStumblr's blind cat is staying with me. Squinkey's exploring the place right now. She keeps bumping into things, but that'll get better soon.

I'd better head to bed though. The furniture people are supposed to be here around 10 in the morning.

Oh, and still no headway on who sent the package. For now I think I'll wait and see what happens on that front. Maybe they'll get mad that I'm leaving the phone home during the day or something.

2 comments:

  1. Just be careful, Lexi. Even if staying up high works for slendershit, proxies can still reach you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why I'm going to the hardware store in a bit to pick up some extra locks. There's already a nice deadbolt, but I'm not taking any chances. I'm going to talk to the caretaker about getting a security system too.

    ReplyDelete